Want to spice up your Arnold Palmer? We’ve got just the recipe – and it’s a little healthier, too! Just by swapping regular tea for black tea you increase your daily intake of disease-fighting antioxidants and may even be able to decrease your blood pressure!
When it comes to what we put in our bodies, our motto is always fresh is best. We love making our own lemonade. Not only do you get more Vitamin C per serving, but you’re also in control of how much sugar you consume. Did you know that one 20 oz bottle of commercial lemonade contains 67 grams of sugar and only 3% lemon juice?
You can feel good about what you’re consuming because every ingredient in this recipe is minimally or not at all processed and comes straight from the source!
Sweet Heat Arnold Palmer
Serves 8 (serving size: about 1 cup)
- 8 cups water, divided
- 18 tbsp. pure cane sugar, divided (feel free to use less sugar if you’d like!)
- 2 half-ounce filter bags of White Lion Traditional Black Iced Tea
- 1 small habanero chile, stemmed, seeded, and sliced (optional)
- ¾ cup fresh lemon juice
- 8 fresh mint sprigs
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil in medium saucepan. Remove from heat; stir in 6 tbsp. sugar, tea bags, and habanero. Steep 5 min.
- Strain into a pitcher. Stir in 1 cup cold water. Cool completely (30 minutes)
- Combine remaining 3/4 cup sugar, lemon juice, and 1 cup water in a container with a tight-fitting lid; seal. Shake to dissolve sugar. Pour lemon mixture into a second pitcher with remaining 2 cups water
- Fill 8 highball glasses with ice. Fill each glass one-third of the way with lemon mixture. Slowly pour tea mixture evenly over ice in each glass to layer the tea on top of the lemonade. Garnish with mint sprigs. Swirl before sipping.