As a Health Blogger and pasta lover who wants to treat myself to healthier options, I love this recipe! After wanting to add more greens into our traditional Italian pasta dishes, my husband and I created this super easy and delicious recipe that we are happy to share with you today.
This Kale Pesto Pasta is the perfect meal for the whole family. This dish is especially great for dinner parties or a quick and healthy lunch. It’s a dish everyone can enjoy! Even my nieces, who are the pickiest of eaters, enjoy every single bite. And it’s a great way to secretly add some greens to your meal! Each time you make it, expect no leftovers! It is seriously that good!
KALE PESTO PASTA
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 1 large garlic clove
- 3 cups kale (dinosaur kale)
- 2 cups basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¾ cup unrefined, cold-pressed, extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup grated Pecorino cheese
- You can make your own at home pasta (I love using penne pasta for this particular dish!)
- In a skillet over medium heat, toast nuts, frequently stirring, until lightly golden. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Place pine nuts and garlic clove in a food processor and mix.
- Add kale, basil, salt, pepper and lemon juice and pulse until mixed.
- With your food processor still running, add olive oil in a steady stream until you achieve a smooth texture.
- Add cheese and keep going until well mixed.
- Cook pasta according to instructions and toss with kale pesto. Serve while warm!