There is something satisfying about making your own cleaning products, especially when they work well! It also doesn’t hurt that by doing so you’re helping your pocket, the environment, and protecting yourself and your family from exposure to toxic chemicals found in commercial cleaning products. You can do your part in saving the world by making DIY concoctions for all kinds of uses around the home.
“Refresh-Mint” DIY Recipe (Prep time: 2 minutes)
What You’ll Need:
• 16-ounce glass spray bottle
• ¾ cup distilled white vinegar
• 1 ½ cup distilled water (or boiled tap water)
• 20 drops of peppermint essential oil
• 15 drops of lemon essential oil
• 15 drops of tea tree essential oil
Combine all of the ingredients in your spray bottle, shake to mix, and spray wherever you’d like. I use this on everything from our espresso machine, to mirrors, glass, and even plants for pest control. “Refresh-mint” is my go-to all-purpose cleaner!
Note: Keep this product away from pets as ingestion could cause toxicity.